Sunday, August 26, 2007

Busy, Busy


The plan was to leave home at 11.45 today as both our teams had bowling matches to make up. Being really idle, which we are well good at, we left it until the last minute to sort ourselves out. Not very clever, as Doreen rang to request our presence......half an hour early!! Chaos! How we both managed to get showered and dressed in twenty minutes, I'll never know.
Taking our eyes off Clio for all that time was a bad move though. She managed to drag a plant from the balcony into the lounge and tear it to bits. Soil and leaves everywhere......she is so evil! I packed a bag of grub etc. and dumped her onto Maz and Bernard for the afternoon. They said she was really good but I don't believe a word of it.
After playing two matches it was really good to flob out in front of the tv this evening. I really like 'Britain's Most Favourite View' and even though my own personal favourite was St. Ives, I enjoyed looking at Stonehenge. I remember taking Mark and Sam there when they were youngsters and in those days, we could walk around it. The pics I have are slides. Maybe I'll get around to having them turned into prints one day.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Bah! Sorry June but I have to disagree - the Northumberland Coast wins for me hands down. Although my own personal favourite view is along Embleton beach to Dunstanburgh Castle, which JSP showed a little of early in her section. It's beautiful, and I'm currently online planning another holiday up there next year! :)

junetta said...

I must confess that it's part of the country which I've never visited. As you know, I really love Cornwall........nostalgia! xxx