Thursday, February 15, 2007

St Valentine


I'm doing the cooking this week as 'im indoors is working. I got off to a good start yesterday as my Shepherds' Pie earned ten points!! Quite a record for me.
I played at Ready Steady Cook today and went off to the supermarket with a budget of five euros. I bought two huge pork chops and a packet of mushrooms.........total... five euros four centimos. I also received a gift of a large cake for St Valentine so that was pudding taken care of!
My chops were covered with red and green peppers and some sliced onion, seasoned, wrapped in foil, and ready to cook in the oven whilst I went over to five o'clock club. (I was allowed to use the store cupboard and the fridge).
I was feeling pretty clever by this time and planned to do potato slices and grilled mushrooms....perfect!
There was just one thing wrong. I arrived home to discover that the oven was on but my chops were still on the worktop! I haven't laughed so much in ages!
Mr Grumps saw the funny side too and awarded me nine points. Maybe I'll have a rest tomorrow.

No comments: