Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Look What I Found!!

Anyone who knows me will remember how much I miss daffodils in the spring. I've tried my best to grow them here but I reckon that it can't be done without frost. I have the bulbs but they only seem capable of growing leaves.

I decided to make a steak and mushroom pie for dinner and wandered over to the supermarket at about three this afternoon. First stop, butcher's counter. I'm sure he dreads me turning up! He is giving me lessons now though. It appears that if I need minced beef, it's carne molida, and for stewing beef, it's carne picada. You learn something new every day!!

Back to the daffs. I always take a peek at the garden section and I spotted some hyacinths. I don't care for them as they make me sneeze and I was wishing that they could have been daffodils when I spotted them, hiding at the back. Spring has sprung!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

John Clarke said...

Plastic daffodils don't count!