Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Mushroom

I've felt like one this week as the cord on our shutter broke and I was plunged into darkness. I really enjoy sitting out on the balcony for a couple of hours during the afternoon reading my book but I couldn't get out there. So frustrating!

We went up to Adeje on Wednesday as the big DIY Superstore normally stocks them but as we couldn't find them in their normal place we checked with Information. Even though she could speak English she couldn't understand what we were on about so we left, defeated.

I checked with the firms that do these sort of repairs but they were charging more than an arm and a leg so it was back to the drawing board. Spanish head on I called into the local ironmonger type shop at the end of our road. Brian hung back as he thought I would never explain what I wanted but she understood me perfectly. Even complemented me on my Spanish! I got what I wanted for three Euros and after telling her that I'd toured Adeje she said
'Playa San Juan' where else?!

Good for her and I now have light!

No comments: