Thursday, September 18, 2008

Flights

I was talking to a Thomson rep today who is currently working sixteen hour days at Tenerife Sur Airport. He reckons that it will take at least ten more days before all the stranded passengers are returned to the UK. It's costing more than 700 Euros for a single flight at the moment.

Around six years ago I booked return flights to Manchester through a travel agent and ended up on Loco Airways. The whole thing was abysmal. I seem to recall that the plane was a DC10 with over five hundred folk on board. Water was dripping from the ceiling and running down the walls. We were packed in so tightly that we couldn't even read a book. Loco means 'mad' in Spanish which explains a lot!

Since then I've only used reputable airlines, mainly First Choice. I'm such a scaredy cat but for some reason I feel safer with them. Thank goodness I didn't feel tempted to book elsewhere this time and lose out on my money and my holiday.

No comments: