Friday, May 28, 2010

Spanish Red Tape

All I want is a new mobile phone. Well, to be honest, I have been really happy with the one I had but it managed to get itself wet a couple of weeks ago and doesn´t want to play anymore.

After drying it out in the sun and giving it time to recover I decided it was a no go and called into the Movistar shop to buy a new one this evening. Don´t they want any business in these places? I´ve had the same number since 2001, have been on a contract phone for the past six years or so and she wants my original contract and my NIE number. All she needed to do was put my phone number into the computer and all would have been revealed.

The whole conversation was conducted in Spanish and I really wish I knew some choice swear words as she completely ignored everything I said. A big stomp up the road towards home muttering all the way.

No comments: