Friday, June 27, 2008

The Housework Bit

It really isn´t my thing and I admit to struggling a bit. I just don´t seem to have the knack like other women. Brian says that the interest isn´t there and he could be right as I´d much rather sit at a desk and push paper.

Shopping is another chore. You can´t just go to one shop for all your stuff here so you trail around getting this and that. What I´d give for Tesco.com!!

Anyway, I was up at nine this morning, did a few tidy up things, took Clio out and then went to the shops. Home again and time for the cooking bit. I´d decided on this cross between potato pie and cottage pie. Nice and easy as it all got shoved in a dish and put in the oven. Phew!

Sweeping and mopping until four when it was time to meet Brian after he finished work. A nice way to spend a Friday evening............not.

He sat and read the paper for an hour, came home, ate his tea and fell asleep in the chair. At exactly ten thirty he awoke and went to bed! Hardly a word for the ´little woman´. My heart goes out to housewives, past and present as it´s a thankless task.

No comments: