Monday, February 18, 2008

Mark Jeff's Words

He's not a chap who readily gives in to doom and gloom but he did give me some food for thought this afternoon. He reckons we will all turn up and find that the Bowling Alley has closed and he doesn't think it will be long in coming.

On reflection, I agree with him. The leagues are dwindling, machinery is being repaired but not replaced, no adverts on the local radio and no-one has demanded the locker fees which were due on the first of the year. In fact, they haven't even been mentioned.

There is a general air of disinterest. The printer packed in weeks ago and internet access wandered away. All pretty obvious when the idea gets into your head.

I can't say that I would miss Sunday bowling but I do enjoy playing in the Monday league. Ros and I had a good win today against Carol and Eliot...........the first time they have been beaten this season!

Now I'm worrying about getting my ball and shoes out!

No comments: